Oakland, United States
Oakland is a city situated on the east side of San Francisco Bay, in California. It has a statue of the writer Jack at the Jack London Square. Oakland has the most amazing architectural background. It has everything from a museum to a park, from amusement parks to theatre, from bars to restaurants.
Places to visit:
- Angel Island– Angel Island has open-air trams & panoramic San Francisco city views.
- Tilden Regional Park- It is a park with a carousel, botanic garden, lake swimming, picnic areas & steam train ride, all at one place.
- Lake Merritt- An exotic destination for boating, walking & picnics. A real adventurous experience.
- Jack London Square- It is a total entertainment destination on the waterfront named after the author Jack.
- Redwood Regional Park- Redwood Regional Park specializes in redwood trails, picnic areas & campsites. It is situated in the hills east of Oakland.
- Children’s Fairyland- Children's Fairyland is an amusement park. It is a “storybook themed" amusement park. It also has rides and theatrical performances.
- Oakland Zoo- Oakland zoo features 650+ species of animals, a wildlife theatre & all types of educational programs. It is an NPO focusing mainly on conservation of wildlife.
Places to stay:
- Courtyard by Marriott- It is a great hotel offering contemporary rooms, free Wi-Fi, plus an indoor pool along with meeting spaces.
- Hyatt Place Emeryville- Hyatt Place Emeryville is a contemporary hotel with a 24-hour gym, a café and free breakfast.
- Z Hotel Jack London Square- Z Hotel Jack London Square is one which had very intimate rooms in lodging with a great pool, a fitness room & also free Wi-Fi.
- Waterfront Hotel-This hotel which offers nautical rooms with free Wi-Fi, along with a heated pool & an Italian restaurant.
- Motel 6 Oakland- Motel 6 is a budget friendly place which offers modern rooms, plus a hot tub & also free parking.