Oakland city in California is situated on the east side of San Francisco Bay. Victorian architecture and boutiques are the major features of Old Oakland. The Oakland Museum of California displays the history, nature and art of the state. The city contains art deco places, theatres, restaurants, bars and galleries that make it a lively place for tourists.
Places to visit-
- Angel Island- A complete view of the city from this bay island will take your mind to another world.
- Lake Merritt- A beautiful lake and park with boating and picnic spots for the visitors.
- Tilden Regional Park- It is a recreational area covering 2,000 acres of land.
- Oakland Zoo- It is home to more than 650 native and exotic animals.
- Children’s Fairyland- It is an amusement park built on a fairytale theme to entertain the kids.
- East Bay Regional Park District- It is a huge park with numerous hiking trails.
- Redwood Regional Park- There are vast woodlands and campgrounds for hiking and camping.
- Lake Chabot
- Jack London Square
Places to stay-
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel- It is a 3-star contemporary hotel with picturesque bay views and outdoor pool facility for the guests.
- Comfort Inn and Suites- They offer a whirlpool with a sauna along with free breakfast and Wi-Fi facility.
- The Washington Inn Hotel- They have a modern restaurant that serves free continental breakfast. It also has a spa centre.
- Piedmont Place- A basic down-to-earth motel with decorated rooms offering free Wi-Fi and parking space for the visitors.